Monday, March 12, 2007

March 9th

Did you know that March 9th is a special day in history?
  • March 9, 1841 - The Supreme Court rules on Amistad, mutiny; stating that the slaves that took control of the slave ship Amistad were free under American law.
  • March 9, 1847 - During the Mexican-American War, U.S. forces invade Mexico three miles south of Vera Cruz. It was the largest invasion in U.S. history until World War II.
  • March 9, 1901 - A fire destroyed the Olds Motor Works Factory in Dearborn, Michigan.
  • March 9, 1916 - During World War I, Germany declares war on Portugal.
  • March 9, 1933 - FDR submits the Emergency Banking Act as part of his plan to revitalize the financial status of the United States.
  • March 9, 1959 - Barbie makes her debut at the American Toy Fair, in New York City.
  • March 9, 1974 - JENNIFER LYN CYBAK IS BORN TO JAMIE AND ALLAN CYBAK; JEFF CYBAK IS GIVEN A BABY SISTER. JOSH CYBAK WILL HAVE A LOT TO LIVE UP TO FOUR AND A HALF YEARS LATER! THE WORLD WILL NEVER BE THE SAME.
  • March 9, 1997 - Rapper Notorious B.I.G. is killed in Los Angeles. My birthday began with beautiful flowers from my husband! That night we had dinner with dear friends Brandie and Brent. I swear I don't remember the last time I laughed so hard or so much. Brent and Bickley together is quite the combination...Brandie and I are pretty humorous ourselves. (Or at least we think so...) Saturday morning we headed to PA where I celebrated my birthday some more with family...there's nothing wrong with making it a week long, or, heck, month long celebration! It was a great weekend! And for those of you that were wondering, no, it wasn't my 25th or 26th. I celebrated the big 33 with grace, no hesitation here. You're only as old as you think you are!
    Bickley and Jennifer
    Mom and Dad (Jamie and Allan)
    Jaime and Josh

Jeff, Jennifer, and Josh

No comments:

Powered By Blogger