Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Oops, I did it again!

Well, I did again! ....donated the hair to a very worthy cause, "Locks of Love"! "Locks of Love" takes donations of 10" or more of hair from women and uses it to make wigs for financially disadvantaged children who are suffering from hair loss due to a medical diagnosis (for example, cancer). At school we've been raising money to benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Central Ohio, partly in dedication to two of our students who are battling leukemia, but also because it's a worthy cause where the money goes right to children in our local area. This is the second time I've donated my hair. We'll see if I have patience to do it a third time! lol

Danica measures my hair...yep, we have 10"-11" easily!

Boy, cutting through this sure takes some muscle! I had quite a thick ponytail.

There it is, one ponytail. What is that? 1/8 of a wig? I guess I'll have to keep growing out my hair. There's the finished product!


For more information on donating your hair or for information on the "Locks of Love" organization, go to http://www.locksoflove.org

No comments:

Powered By Blogger